Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Daniel turned 4 this month

Daniel is 4! I know, it's hard to believe, isn't it? It almost seems like yesterday, yet at the same time, none of us could imagine life without Daniel. We had a small birthday celebration at the park this year. He was very easy to please, and this was probably the first year that he was aware (and cared a little) that his birthday was coming. A friend asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he said, "Root beer!" So we had root beer floats in place of cake. Rachel asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he pointed to a gift sitting on the counter and said, "I've already got a present!" This picture is at the park on his birthday. I'm also including a little walk down birthdays-past...


"Happy 4th birthday, Daniel!"

Below is Daniel's 3rd birthday. Recognize anyone that wasn't at his 4th birthday? We missed a few people very much!

Below is Daniel's 2nd birthday, and he didn't care about any of the production at all. I don't think they even understand the concept of gifts at 2, so who are we actually having these parties for?


Finally, below is Daniel's 1st birthday, where he really enjoyed the cake and washed it down with a chaser of green beans. He thought it was great. (FYI - he got his 1st haircut as a belated birthday present!) That seems like a very long time ago.





1 comment:

Tara said...

I can't believe you cut his hair for his first birthday! He didn't even have any curls yet! I think we've been there for all his b-days and we really missed being there this year... :-(