Every other week, the kids take an art class with our neighbor, Jan. I like art, it's just not something I've ever been good at. I can copy fairly well, but I think that's called copying. My dad's artistic talents all went to John and Tara, skipping Tammy and me. No, Tammy can actually be pretty crafty with several things. I believe only I was skipped!
Well, it was time for our little Christmas party this past Wednesday, and Jan asked me to plan a craft. Since I'm a good copier, I went on the hunt and found this great little idea on the Better Homes & Gardens web site. It even had extra potential, because it's a good keep-or-give-as-a-gift kind of thing.
I bought a couple jars/glasses/mugs/buckets from Goodwill (yes, I ran them through the dishwasher!), some Crayola Modeling Magic, craft glue, craft wire, and some other little things to decorate snowmen. Use your imagination, and look around the house, too.
Daniel gave his snowman legs. How cute is that?
Below is Jan's snowman. She also put little snowballs all around her mug.
The project took about an hour and a half and was really fun! Everyone enjoyed it and had a different artistic angle. It was really neat to watch that come out.
Kyle made a broom for his snowman to hold and is gluing him to his glass.
Then Daniel, Justin, and Elise took a little break to decorate cookies...
We filled our containers with Christmas candy when we were through with them.
They were so cute!
Above is my effort, and below is Elise's.
Rachel wanted to post on this, too, so you can see more at her blog
site http://www.jesusholdsmyjoy.blogspot.com/
We also played games and just had an overall great time!


Aren't they cute? The jars are full of Hershey's kisses or candy canes. You may want to give it a try. The kids were so clever with these!
The only thing missing from the usual photo is Tara's family. We miss you guys!









2 comments:
Way to be frugal on the containers! I tried making one too, shortly after we emailed about it. Maybe I'll have to post on it! (Things have been a little slow around here lately - everyone is sick...) I used washed out jelly jars. I see you have snow on the ground there. Thanks for making e feel homesick!
Those look great! Way to be creative, Tracy. I've seen your scrapbooks--no genes got skipped over on you! By the way, I'm liking this Celine Dion version that I'm listening to right now...still can't pick a favorite, though. :)
Post a Comment