If you have never been to the Historic Tubing Hill in Fraser, CO, we absolutely and whole-heartedly recommend it! We had so much fun there! It isn't cheap, but we believe it's worth it. You can rent 1 tube for 1.5 hours for $20. Children under 8 can double-ride, and the tube can be shared between multiple people.
Tara and Abe are getting ready to take the plunge.
In this next photo, we've hooked ourselves together for a "group" tubing trip down the hill!
There is an awesome "lift" that pulls you in your tube back to the top of the hill. You then walk up a few steps and are ready to go again, so you're not wasting your tubing money on any hike back to the top!
Daniel napped in the car for the first half of our time and was then bribed to take 1 trip down. I really didn't think it would be his thing quite yet, but next year will be different. He didn't like it and stiffened right up in Kyle's lap for the whole ride.
I'm pretty sure this next photo is of Brian and Kyle.
Rachel started out with a jacket, but then it really warmed up (traditional Colorado). Actually when we first got there, it was starting to snow just a little. Then it was more like very wet grapple, and it started really coming down. Well, our time was money so that wasn't going to stop us! Our first couple of trips down we couldn't see a thing and were being pelted in the face and literally soaked from the weather! OK, that was fun and sort of not fun, but we kept going. We were very thankful when it quit shortly after it started, and the sun even came out.

Everyone was ready for a group trip down the hill, but the chain broke before they really got started! We would hold onto the tube handles of the next tube (sometimes 8 of us in a line) and send the first person over the edge. They were required to hold on tight while the rest of us scooted inch-by-inch over the edge. Well, sometimes the chain broke, of course!
You can see Scott has some pretty good speed in this next photo!

You know, I admit to being a bit of a chicken. I believe in things like "too high," "too fast," "too much spinning," and "too scary!" Secretly, I was rather nervous about this tubing hill. I really had to work up my nerve and not focus on my fear. I also thought, "As long as I'm not going backwards, I can do this." It seemed to be all fine, in theory, and I really was not up for all the abuse I would take if I never actually went down the hill! After dragging my feet a bit, I couldn't avoid it any longer. It was so fun! Of course I ended up turned around backwards on my first trip down, but I was fine, and I (we all) went back for more and more!

This is Elise on an easy, convenient trip back to the top of the hill.
FUN! FUN! FUN!






3 comments:
I really had so much fun, Mommy. I'm looking forward to doing it again AFTER the beach. Yeah. After, sounds nice. :)
(and it's a good thing you went down voluntarily, because I don't think I would have been able to push you down. I only reserve that for some people..... :)
I think we all had a great time there! I was a little nervous myself, but it was great fun! We are excited to go again next year - maybe put our skiing money in to tubing! OK, I probably couldn't talk to boys into that. But we are looking forward to it! I will try to get some of my pictures on shortly.
(BTY, Abe's gift came this morning. You must have paid to have them rush it here! We're doing "family" gifts tomorrow - on his actual b-day!)
It looks like you guys had a blast! If you're able to come out here during the winter there are some fun tubing places here too. Maybe we can go sometime. It would be fun!
Post a Comment