Thursday, November 12, 2009

Elise's newsletter

Elise recently put together a cute little newsletter that she told me I could subscribe to, but she let me check out her sample issue. It's called "Lily Times," and it was full of helpful information and even a puzzle.

There was also a section on how NOT to get the Swine Flu. I thought it was worth sharing with you all. In case you can't read it, just scroll down a bit.

Swine Flu
How to not get it

Wash hands
Do not eat nails (she means fingernails!)
No licking the library

That's really funny, because before we go in any public place I drill the kids...

Mom: "No licking the library (or Walmart or the Post Office, etc.)"

Kids: "OK"

Mom: "How do we lick the library? By touching everything and then putting your hands in your mouth. You might as well just lick the library."

So the lesson for the day is "Don't lick the library." You're also welcome to subscribe to Lily Times. You never know what other great information might be in there.

7 comments:

Lindy said...

Yup--Jay Henry must have licked the jumpy slide the other night. I TOLD him to keep his tongue in while jumping!

I'd like to subscribe to the Lily Times, please. Sign me up! I could use that kind of helpful information!

Tara said...

Hey! Good information. Though I do find it funny that you need to warn your 16 year old to not lick the post office or library... If there is a Lily Times, I'll sign up! She didn't know she was going to end up with a full time job! Love you guys!

Jessica said...

I want to subscribe too! Think she'd mail me a copy each time it's made? :)

Brian, Tracy, Rachel, Kyle, Elise, and Daniel said...

You guys are great! Did I mention she's hoping to get $2 for a 6-month subscription? She's planning to do once a month, but she's ready to get the presses rolling.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Tara?

I'll have you know I licked WalMart the other day.

Yup.... thought I was gonna die.

Tara said...

Hummmm...$2 for 6 months, eh? OK, I'll be in. I'll kick in for Jess too, because I know you deflated her when you asked for cash! Let's see, what would I like to know more about, and have the editor write on? I think I'd like some new recipes, maybe geared toward the particular season? Maybe a comic or 2, too. I know she likes to draw! I'll keep thinking. Others should put some input in, so Elise can tailor her "times" to her customers!

Jessica said...

Aww mommy, you know me too well. lol. Elise, I would love to read a new animal article each month! Or to hear more on new, good movies coming out each month. You could also do a biography on like, 2 people in the family each month. You could come up with questions that you want to ask them and post the answers each month with a picture or something. :) Love you Lil!